A fun #freeforallfriday project share-- I thought I'd go into detail on how I created this super fun Instagram Photo Decor piece as well as give you the Photoshop file I printed my collage from. Its seriously easy as pie! I think its super cool and its perched in my kitchen window where I can enjoy 360 degrees of memories from last year!
I will say that I wasn't planning on sharing this when I snapped these photos. I'll do better next time. I just knew this project was too fun to keep to myself.
So let's get started!
Supplies you'll need are all available at Michaels or you local craft store. I just happened to see the glassy cylinder and thought...I think I could do something with that! I purchased the glass and wood pieces for around $5 bucks. (Don't forget your COUPONS!)
- Glass cylinder/vase (purchased at Michaels for about $3)
- Wood plaque and ball/knob (with flat side)- also purchased at Michaels
- Craft paint or chalk paint (I used Annie Sloan Provence and her dark wax) I purchased at the White Goat in Little Rock.
- Photo printer and 8 1/2 x 11 photo paper. I love Epson Matte Presentation Paper or HP Everyday Photo Paper with my Canon 9000 printer.
- Sandpaper, hot glue gun and paintbrush
Okay- let me just say that the most time consuming part of this is creating the IG photo collage. Because the inside of the glass vases varies from piece to piece I can give you the size that worked for me, but your jar may require some tweaking on that size. If you are using the same size cylinder as me, you can use my photos as a guide if you like, this file includes the text "Snapshots of a Good Life" also. If you don't use Photoshop, you could also just place some pretty scrapbook paper, map or wrapping paper inside or even cut a large photo to size.
Download the Photoshop (.psd) file to create your photo collage. You can use my photos as a reference. InstaDecor_template
Steps to create this little keepsake:
- Glue the knob to the center of the plaque, you can choose to use the routered/beveled edge or the flat side. I used hot glue- use what you have (E6000, wood glue, whatever).
- Paint the wood (sand if you want, I'm way too lazy for that), let dry, wax/ glaze or distress if you like.
- Create your photo collage, print out and trim to size. Insert into glass cylinder.
The lid pretty much just sits atop the vase so I just put a glue dot on to keep it in place. You can get a bit more inventive with that if you like. Talk about a super gift for Grandma!!! And you can store stuff in the interior as well. What treasures will you put in your vase?
Hope you love this project as much as I do!