Print the free file: Prayer Journal Cover
Easter week makes me think about all the blessings in my life and I thought this project would be a great one for this time of year! I created this as a favor for a dear friend for a church retreat craft project. It’s super easy and would make a great gift for your Sunday school teacher or a friend.
What you'll need for this project:
Besides the photo paper, you’ll need a composition book (I purchased mine at Wal Mart), glue/adhesive, paper trimmer and/or craft knife, ribbon and acrylic gems for embellishing the circle around the title.
Here's the steps to create this journal:
- Download and save the file to your computer. Print the cover image onto matte photo paper or presentation paper using your printers photo quality settings for the best results.
- Trim out the image (it may be slightly larger than the surface of the book cover) and affix to the cover. Trim around edges with craft knife.
- Embellish the book as desired…I simply added a ribbon to the seam where the black binding and cover meet as well as covered each dot around the title artwork with an acrylic gem. I used Ranger’s Glossy Accents for gluing the gems on.
- Adhere the tip of two of the hearts center of the base circle on opposite sides. Fill in the space on each of the sides with two more folded hearts.
- Once all of the hearts are in place staple the center a couple of times for a secure hold.
HINT: Use HOT GLUE to make your ribbon STAY PUT. You could also cover the inside covers and back cover with matching scrapbook paper or cardstock to create a fabulous finished project!
Hope you enjoy this quick printable project! Thanks for stopping by!